To complete the assignment that is due on Monday morning, Aug. 29, you will first need to set up a new blog at WordPress.com.
If you already have a blog, DO NOT use that one. You must set up a NEW blog to be used only for this course.
Make sure you WRITE and SAVE both your username and password for WordPress.com. If you forget your username, you will lose your blog.
NOTE: In Step 2, “Find a custom address,” go to the bottom and select “No thanks.” DO NOT PAY.
If you already have a WordPress.com site, simply log in at WordPress.com and create a new blog using the same account. Do that here.
- After you have created your NEW blog, please write and publish a new post in it that briefly introduces you. What are you studying at UF, why are you taking this course, what’s your hometown, etc. Be sure to include your real first and last name so I can see who you are! The post can be quite short, e.g. 100 words.
- Please give the post an intelligent title.
- Check your blog site (blogname.wordpress.com) to make sure the new post is visible.
- After you complete steps 1–3, copy the complete URL of your blog from the Web browser address bar and paste it into a comment on THIS post (which you are reading right now).
- Add a photo of your face (large face) and your full name to your WordPress.com account. Do it here.
Complete this task list before midnight on Friday, Aug. 26, so that you have ample time to complete the OTHER work that is due on Monday at 9 a.m.
Note: Don’t worry if you do not see your comment appear below immediately after you post it. I have to approve it before it appears, which means I need to see a little notice that WordPress sends to my email. As I am not staring at my email every minute of the day, it might take some time before your comment appears here.